This week last year, I decided to try a bold new blogging project that was one part GQ, one part Eqsuire, one part Lifehacker, and several parts class. The Classy Geek is designed maglie calcio to give you a source that’s chock full of solid, long-form information that can help you get your act together and leverage your geeky nature to soak up as much knowledge about a new topic with my ability to provide that information to like minded folks to give you a method to improve your life overall, and not just technologically – whether it’s in terms of dress, food, drink, alcohol, general lifestyle tips, entertainment, and more. Still not sure what we’re all about? I think this sums it up nicely.
This year has been a great one for The Classy Geek, thanks to you for sharing the articles with friends, passing them around, sharing them on Twitter and liking us Facebook, participating in our Workspace Contest, and letting us know how you feel in the comments of the articles!
Now then, to celebrate our 1-year birthday, let’s take a look back at some of the best articles of the past year, some of our most popular features, and some articles that if you missed them, they’re still worth looking back to see:
- What Does Your First Anime Say About You? – December, 2009
- A Geek’s Guide to Picking Out the Right Tie – December, 2009 | Ties Revisited – Picking the Right Tie: Part II – July, 2010
- Must Have Bar Essentials – Part 1: Essential Spirits – December, 2009 | Part 2: Essential Mixers – December 2009 | Part 3: Essential Bar Equipment – January 2010
- Mobile Apps to Find The Haps – March, 2010
- 3 Thinks You Shouldn’t Be Afraid to Drop Cash On – April, 2010
- Cooking Steak for Apartment Dwellers – May, 2010
- Debunking the Myth of the “Nice Guy” – June, 2010
- Buying Groceries Online Can Save You Money (And Shrink Your Waist!) – July, 2010
- Hanging Posters and Wall Art… The Classy Way! – July, 2010
- Anime Wednesdays – Paranoia Agent! – September, 2010
- Beer and Wine: The Right Glass and the Right Poud Make A Difference – November, 2010
- 5 Tips for a Classy Thanksgiving – November, 2010